LINX® is a revolutionary solution for reflux. It’s a simple device with life-changing potential. LINX is intended for patients diagnosed with reflux disease who continue to suffer symptoms despite taking medication.
GERD is a chronic, often progressive disease resulting from a weak Lower Esophageal Sphincter (LES) allowing acid and bile to reflux from the stomach into the esophagus. The LINX® Reflux Management System augments the weak LES, restoring the body’s natural barrier to reflux.
The LINX System is a small flexible band of interlinked titanium beads with magnetic cores. The magnetic attraction between the beads is intended to help the LES resist opening to gastric pressures, preventing reflux from the stomach into the esophagus. LINX is designed so that swallowing forces temporarily break the magnetic bond, allowing food and liquid to pass normally into the stomach. Magnetic attraction of the device is designed to close the LES immediately after swallowing, restoring the body’s natural barrier to reflux.
The LINX System is increasingly popular for this minimally invasive procedure:
- This can typically be completed in less than an hour.
- The LINX system is placed around the esophagus just above the stomach using a surgical technique called laparoscopy.
- A precision sizing tool is used to determine the appropriate size LINX System.
- The LINX System is positioned around the LES using suture tails.
- The ends of the LINX System are aligned and joined for secure closure.
- Patients are placed under general anesthesia during the procedure.
- The LINX System does not require any anatomic alteration of the stomach.
- Most patients go home the day after surgery and resume a normal diet.
As the first LINX trained surgeons in Las Vegas and as the first digestive institute in the area to offer the only FDA-approved treatment for GERD, Dr. Shawn Tsuda, Dr. Heidi Ryan, and Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center are ready to help you fight back against gastroesophageal reflux disease.