If you suffer from severe gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), you know how it can interfere with your normal daily life. However, if you live in the Las Vegas, Nevada area, you have a wonderful option for treatment. The Specialized Heartburn and Acid Reflux Center from miVIP Surgery Centers delivers the latest, most comprehensive diagnostic and treatment options for gastrointestinal conditions. We employ state-of-the art technology and innovative, minimally invasive surgical options, including the latest robotic procedures, to diagnose and treat the full range of gastrointestinal (GI) conditions in an outpatient setting. Patients will also receive the exceptional care and personal attention for which miVIP Surgery Centers are known.
Dr. Shawn Tsuda is excited to be a part of this team of experts, and he is a board-certified general surgeon with fellowship training in minimally invasive gastrointestinal and bariatric surgery. Dr. Tsuda is an expert in surgical treatment for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). In fact, Dr. Tsuda was the first surgeon in Nevada to be certified in the LINX Reflux Management System procedure, the very latest surgical advance for patients with severe GERD.
A leader and innovator in all areas of minimally invasive and robotic surgery, Dr. Tsuda is also skilled at other surgical procedures for GERD, including Nissen Fundoplication and hiatal hernia repair. He has performed hundreds of such procedures with excellent outcomes.
Reducing your stress can help improve your outcome, so patients at the Specialized Heartburn and Acid Reflux Center from miVIP Surgery Centers enjoy the convenience of “one-stop” access to comprehensive diagnostic and treatment options for GI conditions – all in one location.
Our highly trained and skilled medical team has every resource they need to accurately diagnose and treat everything from heartburn, acid reflux, and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), to more serious conditions like esophagitis, Barrett’s Esophagus, and esophageal cancer. We’re also prepared to solve such associated conditions as obesity, sleep apnea, dental erosions and cavities, asthma, and adverse side effects of long-term antacid and proton pump inhibitor (PPI) use.
Some of the services that set the Heartburn and Acid Reflux Center apart include:
- In-depth, pre-operative assessment by our highly trained and skilled surgical team
- Consistent care from a dedicated, constant, and well-defined team of trained operating room staff
- Advanced theater equipment, including the latest da Vinci Si robot/laparoscopic kit and specialist operating tables
- The utmost respect for every individual’s dignity at all times
- Advanced recovery room with a private nurse providing one-to-one care
- Personal patient care advocate and program coordinator assigned to each patient
- World Health Organization (WHO) safety checklist performed before each operation
- Comprehensive team brief and team debrief held before and after each operating list
- Senior nursing staff trained and experienced in caring for patients post-bariatric surgery and upper gastrointestinal procedures
- Clearly defined triggers for escalating any post-operative concerns with a track record of prompt and successful intervention when needed
- 24-hour telephone access after discharge
If left untreated, gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms can worsen over time and even develop into more serious conditions. If you suffer from this miserable condition, contact Dr. Shawn Tsuda for an appointment, and visit http://www.heartburnandacidreflux.com/about-us/ for more information.